Two items here – Passports and Requirements for Volunteer Service. Please look over both sections carefully.
Because you’re traveling out of the country, you’ll need a passport. In fact, you can’t even book a flight here without one!
- If you already have a passport, make sure it is valid until at least the day you come home. If not, you’ll need to renew it. Follow this link to the U.S. State Department website on passport renewal.
- If you don’t yet have a passport, APPLY FOR ONE IMMEDIATELY. Here’s the link to the U.S. State Department Passport website.
Once you have your passport, please scan the page with your picture and information, and send it to us (jparks @ cbf.net). We’ll keep it on file in case something happens while you’re here.
Please note that no special visa or permit is required for your trip – you’re allowed to stay in most European countries for 90 days without any special permit.
The following are requirements for serving with any CBF Field Personnel. We will contact the CBF office to let them know you are coming, so you shouldn’t have to start this process yourself. If you haven’t heard from CBF yet please contact us.
All participants must submit a signed and witnessed release waiver.
- You can complete waiver electronically by clicking here.
- If you prefer a paper version of the waiver, you may download it by clicking here.
All adults (18+) are required to have a criminal background check.
- If valid background checks have been completed for everyone in the team already (or by the time of the trip), all we will need is a list of the team members in alphabetical order, birth dates and date of the background check on letterhead along with signature of a rep from the sponsoring organization. Email this information to the Short Term Missions Group at CBF’s national office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- If you need background checks on any individual, you may complete that application by clicking here. The fee for this background check is also $20.
The group leader is required to have a volunteer application on file with us which includes a background check and the $20 fee. Complete an International Group Leader application by clicking here.
Working With Children? If so, you’ll be asked to complete a brief child-protection training program. The CBF office will contact you about this.
Travel Insurance, while not required, is strongly recommended to all CBF volunteers. Click here for more information.